Solar Republic Card Game Instructions
About the Card Game
The deck consists of 52 cards, 5 suits, and 2 wild cards.
- 5 – The Sun (Sol) and the Asteroid Belt (wild cards) – two cards
- 4 – Large Planets (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune) – four cards
- 3 – Small Planets (Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars) – four cards
- 2 – Large Moons and Dwarf Planets – twenty-three cards
- 1 – Small Moons – nineteen cards
Object of the Game: End the game with as many Books in one’s possession as possible.
Number of Players: The best gameplay is with 2 or 4 players. With 4 players, players can play on two teams of two.
- The game begins with shuﬄe and a deal of cards counterclockwise. Each player receives ten cards. The remaining cards are stacked face-down on the table. This is the Draw Pile.
- The ﬁrst player to the left of the dealer plays the ﬁrst card from his hand face up.
- The ﬁrst card on the table starts the In-Play Pile. The first card sets the card suit. Everyone who plays a card from their hand thereafter must follow suit.
- Each player MUST play a card, either from their hand or the Draw Pile.
- If a player does not have a card in suit, then they will have to draw a card from the Draw Pile. Drawing a card from the Draw Pile ends that player’s turn.
- If a player draws from the Draw Pile and they have a card in suit within their hand, then this is a renege. With a renege, the player will have to give up two Books to their opponents.
- A player can take a Book by playing a Trump Card. Trump cards are 3, 4, or 5. Anytime one of these cards are played, they take a Book into the player’s possession. The two “5” cards obviously can beat ALL other cards.
End Game and Scoring
- The game ends with the first player relieves themselves of all cards or the Draw Pile is depleted.
- The player or team with the most Books wins.